Where to begin...
Mom spent five days in the hospital, and was finally released. Our Feast of Tabernacles celebration with our church body was going on at the same time, so Shain and I "camped" out with Nana, A, and J, and took turns taking care of Gideon, while Dad stayed at the hospital with Mom. The Feast was a blast, and Mom came home on the last great day, so that just made everything even more special. ;) There were quite a few tears shed that day...... She was just so happy to see Gideon and the rest of us again!
Even after Mom came home, her health kind of took us all for a roller coaster ride the next few weeks...she'd be better one day, then worse the next, and so on. But for now, she seems to have "stabilized" ~ and after having a "re-evaluation" appointment on the 21st, she's now scheduled to have surgery on the 8th to remove her gall bladder. Hopefully, that'll make everything even better! =D Please pray!
Anyway, when Mom was sick and recovering, I kept up with the kids, cooked, cleaned, did laundry, tried to be "mom" (didn't work so well), and whatever else needed to be done... Looks like I'm going to be doing that again here soon.
Gideon is doing well, and getting big ~~ translated: FAT!!! =D But he's a baby, he's allowed to do that, right? ;D He's so incredibly adorable! He's at that stage where he's starting to smile more often. =D =D =D Need I say more??? :D


Other than all of that, we've also had company several times in the last few weeks, and lots of things have happened, but when I try to tell someone about it, it doesn't sound very impressive. ;)
Emma came so we three girls could start working on an album together.......just a demo-type one for fun ~ and her dad! ;D We also went shopping together, stayed up way too late talking, had a photo shoot, and lots of other fun stuff. Here are some pics from her visit....

Recording....what fun. ;) Sorry it's so blurry...
These are from our shoot....

Em...Isn't she beautiful?! She's got a voice to match too!!! :D
The V. boys came up around Thanksgiving, and we had a good time ~ talking, and talking, and talking some more!!! :D
They brought us a turkey for Thanksgiving.....a chocolate turkey!!! Wasn't that sweet of them??? ;D It was completely gone in about four days.......
This is us playing with my bird, Nyppie..... She's obsessed with feet, so she's actually serenading Richardt's foot in this picture. I think the guys thought she was pretty weird. I wonder why???
Well, I wrote the above yesterday, and got back on today (12/1/06) to add pictures...but for some reason everything is being extremely slow, so I still don't have this post done!!!!! But I will try to finish getting the pics up either tonight or tomorrow. For now I'm gonna go practice music, spend some time with my horse, and get some more cleaning done before I have to fix supper!!!
Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Friday! Enjoy your weekend! =D


7 Comments:
At 3:37 PM,
Anonymous said…
Oh boy I'm the first one to leave a comment! ;) I really enjoyed the update! Gideon is so cute and the rest of the pictures are really neat. I love the one of you, Shain, and Emma. You all are in my prayers! Love ya!
At 11:54 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a lovely surprise!!! An update!!!!!!!!! I loved the whole thing...the pictures, the stories, and the gal behind it. Thanks so much!!!!
Sage
At 10:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Great update!!!
Gideon is toooo cute!!! :o)
Recording looks "fun"!!! ;o) and that chocolate turkey looks awesome!!! Did you have some? :o)
At 3:36 PM,
L. U. said…
Thanks so much for your comments, everybody! :)
"Did you have some?".....Do I have to answer that question?!?!? =D
....Okay, I admit it ~ I had a very little bit! So shoot me!!!!! ;P ;D Ya know ~ it actually wasn't even that good!!! :(
At 3:51 PM,
Anonymous said…
Wow!!! *shock* You actually updated again! : )
Haha..I guess I'm not the one to talk. I haven't updated our blog for a loooong time now. : )
Anyways, thanks for the update!
At 10:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
LOL I haven't been perfect either...some people over here are REALLY crashing. :)
At 7:51 PM,
Anonymous said…
Laiel, it looks great! Gideon's so cute!!! I can't wait to see him. I'm glad to hear your mom's doing good. Prayers to you. Your sister in Him, Molly.
Post a Comment
<< Home